The Zend Data Cache is used to cache different types of data (e.g., strings, arrays and objects), as well as script output or script output elements for various durations. Items can be stored in shared memory (SHM) or to disk. Namespaces are supported, to group cached objects for easy management.
Data Cache API
The Data Cache API includes the following functionality:
- Storing variables to the cache
- Fetching variables to the cache
- Deleting variables from the cache
- Clearing the cache
- Disk/memory (SHM) storage
- Caching using namespaces
- Cache folder depth configuration
Zend Data Cache is disabled when running PHP in CLI mode.