"Find in Files" allows to search multiple files returning a list references to all occurrences. This search option allows you to search for text in file(s) in a specified directory or FTP location.
To search text in multiple files (Find in Files):
From the main menu select Search Find in Files.
The Find in Files dialog box appears.
Enter the search subject in the Find What box.
If you want to limit the search by file type, select or type a file type in the File Mask box.
Browse for the directory you wish to search or check the entire project check box. In this case, the "find in" field is disabled.
Check the options and the Advanced areas on the dialog
to fine tune the search:
- Match Case - Search will be case sensitive
- Match Whole Words - Search will skip matches that are part of a larger word
- Regex Search - Uses regular expressions in search criteria
With Subdirectories - Also searches in the subdirectories below current location
- Open in a New Tab - Displays the search results in a new tab in the Message window
- Entire Project - Searches in all the files in current project. In this case, the "find in" field is disabled.
The search results are listed in the Messages window with a tab indicating the search subject.
To edit a file appearing in the occurrences list, double-click the relevant path and the file will open in the Editing window.
To avoid errors, Linux users should remove recursive links from files being searched.